Limited Use Health Care FSA
The Limited Use Health Care FSA, administered by Stanley, Hunt, Dupree & Rhine, is available to participants in the Consumer Option and can be used for eligible health care expenses that are not covered by insurance and are not medical expenses.
Limited Use Health Care FSA Specifics
- Participation is voluntary.
- If you enroll in the Consumer Option, you are eligible to participate in the Limited Use Health Care FSA.
- You may contribute up to $2,700 per year into the Limited Use Health Care FSA.
- Your contributions are made on a pre-tax basis through payroll deduction.
- Up to a $500 balance can be carried over from one plan year to the next. Once any carryover balance has been used, SHDR will pay claims from the current years' contribution. Each year, up to $500 total can be carried over—the money must be used in the next plan year, so it cannot accumulate.
Using Your Limited Use Health Care FSA
Participants can use the Limited Use Health Care FSA for eligible health care expenses that are not medical expenses (for example, dental or vision care). Additionally, participants cannot submit claims for medical services covered under the Consumer Option.
Under IRS regulations, expenses are treated as having been incurred when the participant is provided with the health care and not when the participant is billed for or pays for the health care. In other words, you cannot submit a bill for reimbursement for future services even if you have already paid for them. In addition, you cannot be reimbursed for expenses incurred prior to your coverage effective date or after coverage ends.
It's important to always save the receipts for your Limited Use Health Care FSA expenses. You have until March 31, or 90 days after the plan year, to submit claims for reimbursement of eligible expenses incurred during the current plan year.
If you participate in the Limited Use Health Care FSA, you can pay for eligible expenses incurred by:
- Using your BB&T Benefit Access Visa® Debit Card
- Paying out of pocket (by cash or check) and then submitting a claim for reimbursement. Your claim form and your receipts should be submitted online, faxed or printed and mailed to SHDR:
- Online: shdr.com/bbandt
- Fax: 252-293-9048 or 252-293-9049
Stanley, Hunt, DuPree & Rhine, Inc.
PO Box 6400
Greenville, SC 29606
Stanley, Hunt, Dupree & Rhine Website
Check your Limited Use Health Care FSA balance or review eligible expenses.
BB&T Benefit Access Visa® Debit Card Request Form
Request a BB&T Benefit Access Visa® Debit Card for a dependent, or request a replacement card.