Flexible Spending Accounts
Flexible spending accounts (FSAs) allow you to set aside money on a pre-tax basis to pay for qualified expenses.
BB&T offers five FSAs:
- Health Care FSA
- Limited Use Health Care FSA
- Dependent Care FSA
- Mass Transit Transportation Spending Account (TSA)
- Parking Transportation Spending Account (TSA)
FSAs are administered by Stanley, Hunt, Dupree & Rhine. Using the FSA benefit is a great way to help pay your health care, dependent care and transportation expenses not covered by any of the other benefit plans. Please note, the transportation expenses covered by the Mass Transit TSA are commuter expenses to and from work by mass transit.
- If you enroll in the Select Option or decline medical coverage, you are eligible to participate in a Health Care FSA.
- If you enroll in the Consumer Option, you are eligible to participate in the Limited Use Health Care FSA.
- Any benefits-eligible associate may enroll in the Dependent Care FSA.
- Any benefits-eligible associates who relies on methods other than their personal vehicles to commute to and from work may participate in the Mass Transit TSA.
When you first enroll in your benefits, as well as during Annual Benefits Enrollment, you will have the opportunity to choose a specific amount of money to contribute to the FSAs. For the Health Care FSA and/or Dependent Care FSA, you will need to calculate your monthly anticipated expenses to determine your annual contribution. See examples.
For the Mass Transit TSA, you will need to elect a semi-monthly contribution amount based on your anticipated mass transit commuter expenses. You may change this contribution amount at any time.
You may use the BB&T Benefit Access Visa® Debit Card to pay your health care and/or dependent care expenses so you do not have to pay for these expenses out of pocket and wait for a reimbursement check. If electing the Mass Transit TSA, you must use this card to purchase passes, fare cards, vouchers, etc. If your transit authority does not accept Visa, you will not be able to use the Mass Transit TSA.
To request a BB&T Benefit Access Visa Debit Card for a dependent, or to request a replacement card, complete the FSA Debit Card Request Form.