Any BB&T associate injured on the job may be entitled to Workers' Compensation provided through premiums paid fully by BB&T. The law requires all injuries to be reported immediately upon knowledge of the accident.
Workers' Compensation reporting
If an associate has an accident, becomes ill or suffers an injury at work, the supervisor must call our Workers' Compensation administrator, CorVel, at 877-764-3574.
- The supervisor must report the incident even if the associate does not need medical treatment at the time of the incident.
- If medical treatment is required at the time of the incident, the supervisor should have the associate participate in the call with CorVel.
Workers' Compensation benefits
- Associates are only allowed to use sick days for compensation toward the state-imposed waiting period.
- An associate may receive Workers' Compensation payments, if approved by CorVel. Pay for Sick days is integrated with Workers' Compensation.
- Use the Medical Records Fax Cover Sheet (available through InSite on Human Systems Express) to submit any necessary medical information associated with an associate's accident illness or injury that occurs at work.
- Associates working in Georgia and California should consult the in-network Workers' Compensation provider listing prior to seeking medical treatment.
- Find in-network providers in your area(opens in a new tab)
Any associate injured on the job may be entitled to Workers' Compensation, if approved by the state in which the associate works. In that event, the associate is paid by Workers' Compensation, up to the maximum amount allowed by the state. Once Workers' Compensation benefits begin for an injury, the associate is not eligible for pay under the Sick Pay Policy related to that injury. However, any applicable waiting period is paid from the associate's available Sick Pay days. If the associate's medical condition is not approved under Workers' Compensation guidelines, the associate may be eligible for Sick Pay days, subject to the Sick Pay Policy.
EXCELLENCE Associate Handbook
View the entire handbook or individual sections.
No personal or confidential associate information is contained within BBTBenefits.com.
Information contained within BBTBenefits.com applies to eligible associates residing in the United States, unless otherwise specified.
Not all subsidiaries and affiliates of BB&T Corporation participate in the benefit programs and policies presented within BBTBenefits.com.
Branch Banking and Trust Company is now Truist Bank. Learn more(opens in a new tab)