Parking Transportation Spending Account
The Parking Transportation Spending Account (TSA) allows certain associates to set aside pre-tax dollars for qualified parking expenses incurred while working. Only associates who work at designated locations are eligible to participate in the Parking TSA (eligible associates are notified). This benefit offers eligible associates a way to save money and a system to organize and manage their parking payments.
Parking TSA specifics
- Participation in this plan is voluntary.
- You may contribute up to $255 a month to the account.
- Your contributions are made on a pre-tax basis through payroll deduction.
You may change your contribution amount at any time. When you enroll, you will select a semi-monthly amount to be deducted from your pre-tax pay to be contributed to the Parking TSA. You may change your contribution in Workday by choosing the Benefits icon and then choosing the Benefits link under the section entitled Change. For steps on how to enroll through Workday, refer to the Parking TSA Workday Enrollment and Change User Guide (PDF).
- The Parking TSA is intended to be used to pay for parking expenses incurred at or near your work location.
- It may also be used for parking at a mass transit facility.
- It can only be used to pay for parking you directly contract with a parking vendor.
- The Parking TSA cannot be used to pay for parking in a lot owned or leased by BB&T you pay for through a payroll deduction.
For more information, see the Parking TSA Overview (PDF).
Using your parking TSA
You have two payment options:
- You may use the BB&T Benefit Access Visa® Debit Card (benefit access card) to pay for parking expenses. It will be mailed to your home address within 4 to 6 weeks from your enrollment. When using the benefit access card, you cannot make parking payments that exceed the amount you currently have in your parking TSA.
If you enroll in the Parking TSA and participate in the other Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) or the Health Savings Account (HSA), you will not receive a separate benefit access card for the Parking TSA. You will use the same benefit access card for all accounts. The benefit access card contains separate contribution balances for each program you participant in (Health Care FSA, Limited Use Health Care FSA, Dependent Care FSA, Mass Transit TSA or the Parking TSA).
If you currently participate in other FSAs or the HSA, you will NOT be able to use your current benefit access card for parking expenses until your first contribution has been deducted from your pay following the month of your enrollment.
- You may pay by another method (cash, check) and then submit a completed claim form to McGriff Insurance Services for reimbursement. You can only be reimbursed for the amount currently available in your account.
Access the McGriff Insurance Services website(opens in a new tab) The first time you visit for a reimbursement, you will need to create an account. Follow the instructions on the log on screen to create your user name and password.
Complete the Parking TSA Claim Form (PDF), and then print, fax or submit it online through the McGriff Insurance Services website. When you mail, fax or electronically submit your completed claim form, be sure to include documentation or receipts for your expenses. Under IRS regulations, qualified parking expenses are those incurred while working.
Claims should be mailed, faxed or submitted online to:
- McGriff Insurance Services
PO Box 6400
Greenville, SC 29606
- Submit claims online(opens in a new tab)
- Fax claims to: 252-293-9048 or 252-293-9049
McGriff Insurance Services Website
Check your FSA balance or review eligible expenses.
BB&T Benefit Access Visa Debit Card Request Form
Request a BB&T Benefit Access Visa® Debit Card for a dependent, or request a replacement card.
Parking TSA Workday Enrollment and Change User Guide
Instructions for enrolling in and making changes to the Parking TSA through Workday.
Parking TSA Claim Form
Claim form to submit to SHDR for reimbursement of parking expenses incurred (if the benefit access card was not the method of payment used).
No personal or confidential associate information is contained within BBTBenefits.com.
Information contained within BBTBenefits.com applies to eligible associates residing in the United States, unless otherwise specified.
Not all subsidiaries and affiliates of BB&T Corporation participate in the benefit programs and policies presented within BBTBenefits.com.
Branch Banking and Trust Company is now Truist Bank. Learn more(opens in a new tab)