Company-Required or Continuing Education
Courses included under the provisions of the Company-Required or Continuing Education policy may be taken through:
- BB&T University
- The BB&T Leadership Institute
- The College for Financial Planning
- The American Bankers Association
- Consumer Bankers Association
- Any state bankers association
- State centers for financial training
- Mortgage Bankers Association
- American Management Association
- A number of quality outside vendors (Fred Pryor Seminars, SkillPath, etc.)
Other programs included under the provisions of this policy include graduate schools of banking (Stonier, LSU, etc.) and any of the mid-level banking schools offered under the sponsorship of the state bankers associations within the BB&T footprint.
While company-required or continuing education courses require manager approval, payment for such courses does not require going through the formal approval process under the policy for formal degree programs.