When buying groceries, you can now use health-e-basket—a nutrition-focused app that encourages users to make healthier choices. The app provides nutrition scores for items you purchase, suggests healthier alternatives and offers savings on healthy products by utilizing loyalty/reward programs available at participating grocery stores. It also provides personalized nutritional information and recipes based on data provided by the user. BB&T has partnered with Inmar, another national company based in Winston-Salem, to provide this app to all associates free of charge.
Your health-e-basket Score
One of the main components of the app is the health-e-basket score. This score measures the nutritional value of items found at the grocery store on a scale from 0 (unhealthy) to 100 (healthy). Not only is there a score for individual products within the app, but each trip you make to the grocery store is also scored. This allows you to see individual product nutrition information and helps you track your progress toward healthier buying habits over time.
The app can also alert you when there are healthier alternatives to items you have purchased and rewards healthy choices with cash back and instant savings on products with healthier scores.
Offers and Savings
Once you start using health-e-basket, you'll be encouraged to make healthier choices with a variety of savings on products that have high health-e-basket scores. You can receive savings through cashback offers or instant offers.
Instant offers are applied as a discount to your purchase at the checkout. Cash back offers are applied to your cash rewards balance after purchase. Once your cash rewards balance reaches $10, you can transfer the funds directly to your bank or PayPal account.
When you find an offer that you'd like to use, select Activate before your next trip to the grocery store, and scan your loyalty card at the checkout to receive your savings.
Sign Up for health-e-basket
Step 1: Register
The health-e-basket app is available both online and on any Android or Apple mobile device.
- Access www.health-e-basket.com or download the health-e-basket mobile app
- Select Sign Up
- Enter your name, date of birth, email address and ZIP code
- Choose a password, security question and answer
- Select Sign Up & Start Saving
Step 2: Link Your Rewards Cards
After you register, you will be taken to a page where you can choose which grocery stores you would like to link a rewards card from. Or you can go to the "Stores & Groceries" tab at the top of the page and select Link My Stores.
- Use your ZIP code to find available stores in your area and choose any that you shop at
- Enter the Rewards Program Number from the back of your rewards/loyalty card
- Select Save
- Now, you can choose to Add Another Card or Browse Offers
Step 3: Fill Out Your Profile
By entering some basic personal information, health-e-basket can generate personalized metrics to suit your nutritional needs.
- Select My Profile
- Complete your General Profile (basic contact information)
- Complete your Health Profile (height, weight, gender and activity level)
- Complete your Diet Profile (includes an allergies checklist and a diet preferences checklist)
- Choose your Notification Preferences
For any questions, contact the health-e-basket team at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 877-874-3024.