BB&T partners with Prime Therapeutics, one of the nation's fastest growing pharmacy benefits management companies, to oversee our prescription drug benefits and help associates access needed medications at the lowest cost.
Prime Therapeutics administers our retail pharmacy benefits through PrimeMail® (a home-delivery pharmacy service) and Specialty PharmacyTM for:
Covered associates will receive a new BCBSNC member ID card to be used for medical and pharmacy benefits. When using a retail pharmacy, simply present your BCBSNC member ID card with your prescription.
Associates can log into their online Prime Therapeutics account using the BlueConnectNC.com website:
- Go to BlueConnectNC.com
- Under Member Login, enter your user ID and password
- Choose Prescriptions (this will open the Prime Therapeutics site in a new window)
Prime Therapeutics website will help you:
- Better understand your benefit coverage
- Order refills
- Check the status of an order
- Renew a prescription
- Price a drug
- View drug images, hear pronunciations, and review side effects and drug interactions
- Learn how to make cost-effective prescription drug choices
- Switch to PrimeMail or a lower cost drug and save
Prime Specialty Pharmacy
Prime Specialty Pharmacy, a wholly owned subsidiary of Prime Therapeutics, is a leading-edge mail order pharmacy built on the strength of smart clinical solutions, solid benefit design, cost controls and an unwavering commitment to the health and wellbeing of its members. Prime Specialty Pharmacy employs nurses, pharmacists, pharmacy technicians and patient care coordinators. Dedicated professionals assist members with insurance verification, delivery scheduling and billing. Nurses and pharmacists are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Most specialty drugs are covered as follows:
- 25% co-insurance
- Minimum cost of $50 and a maximum cost of $150
- Up to 30-day supply limit—some drugs (including transplant and HIV drugs) are eligible for a 90- day supply
- Some specialty drugs are available with a co-payment (tier 1, 2 or 3)
Please refer to the BCBSNC website to confirm the tier of your medication.
Prime Therapeutics Specialty Pharmacy Brochure
Use this brochure to learn more about Prime Therapeutics Specialty Pharmacy.
NC Prescription Reimbursement Claim Form
Use this form to submit a claim if the retail pharmacist does not submit or is unable to submit a claim on your behalf.
Controlled Medication Processing
Details regarding the requirements Prime Therapeutics must follow when processing controlled medications (specialty or non-specialty drugs that have been declared illegal for sale or use but may be dispensed under a physician's prescription).
BCBSNC Enhanced Formulary List
The formulary list provides a detailed list of the medications BCBSNC covers, including information on tier level, specialty medications, and whether certain medications require prior review or have restricted access. If a drug is not listed in the formulary, it is not covered by BCBSNC.