Health Care FSA
This Health Care Flexible Spending Account (FSA), administered by Stanley, Hunt, Dupree & Rhine, allows you to set aside money on a pre-tax basis to pay for health care expenses not covered by insurance.
Health Care FSA Specifics
Participation is voluntary.
If you enroll in the Select Option or decline medical coverage, you are eligible to participate in a Health Care FSA.
You may contribute up to $2,700 per year into a Health Care FSA.
Your contributions are made on a pre-tax basis through payroll deduction.
Using Your Health Care FSA
- You can use your health care FSA for certain qualified expenses.
- Other expenses cannot be reimbursed.
Under IRS regulations, expenses are treated as having been incurred when the participant is provided with the health care and not when the participant is billed for or pays for the health care. In other words, you cannot submit a bill for reimbursement for future services even if you have already paid for them. In addition, you cannot be reimbursed for expenses incurred prior to your coverage effective date or after coverage ends.
It's important to always save the receipts for your Health Care FSA expenses. You have until March 31, or 90 days after the plan year, to submit claims for reimbursement of eligible expenses incurred during the current plan year.
If you participate in the Health Care FSA, you can pay for health care expenses incurred by:
- Using your BB&T Benefit Access Visa® Debit Card
- Paying out of pocket (by cash or check) and then submitting a claim for reimbursement. Your claim form and your receipts should be submitted online, faxed, or printed and mailed to SHDR:
- Online: shdr.com/bbandt
- Fax: 252-293-9048 or 252-293-9049
Stanley, Hunt, DuPree & Rhine, Inc.
PO Box 6400
Greenville, SC 29606