Health Care FSAThis Health Care Flexible Spending Account (FSA), administered by Stanley, Hunt, Dupree & Rhine, allows you to set aside money on a before-tax basis to pay for health care expenses not covered by insurance.
Health Care FSA Specifics
- Participation is voluntary.
- If you enroll in the Select Option or decline medical coverage, you are eligible to participate in a Health Care .
You may contribute up to $2,500 per year into a Health Care FSA.
Important: If your 2012 election for Health Care FSA is over $2,500, we will automatically reduce your contribution to $2,500.
- Your contributions are made on a before-tax basis through payroll deduction.
Using Your Health Care FSA
Under IRS regulations, expenses are treated as having been incurred when the participant is provided with the health care and not when the participant is billed for or pays for the health care. In other words, you cannot submit a bill for reimbursement for future services even if you have already paid for them. In addition, you cannot be reimbursed for expenses incurred prior to your coverage effective date or after coverage ends.
You have two payment options:
- Benefit Access VISA® debit card (be sure to save your receipts).
- Pay by another method (cash, check), and then submit a completed Flexible Spending Account Claim Form for reimbursement (include documentation or receipts for your expenses).
Related InformationStanley, Hunt, Dupree & Rhine Website
Check your FSA balance; review eligible expenses.
BB&T Benefit Access Card Request Form
Request a BB&T Benefit Access Card for a dependent, or request a replacement card. EXCELLENCE Associate Handbook Information
Detailed information about the Health Care FSA. Summary Plan Description
Detailed reference information.